- 1.1 King makes great games that offer fun, bitesize entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy. We at King respect the privacy of everyone who uses our games that are made available via the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, on Amazon Kindle, the Windows Store and/or on Facebook (the “Game” or “Games”), our website at www.king.com (the “Website”) and any related services which we or our group companies may provide to you from time to time (together with the Games and Website, the "Services"). In this document we refer to King.com Limited as "King" "us", "we" or "our" and we refer to you as "you" and "your".
10. Links from our Services
11. Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
- 11.1 • You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org - we may make a small charge for this.
• We want to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above.
• Information that you have shared via our Services on any social network or third party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our Services (for example, one of your friends on a social network you allow to interact with your account), we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
• You have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact us at email@example.com
12. How to contact us
- 12.1 To find out more about how your Personal Information will be used please contact us by email at the address above.
- 13.1 We hope that you won't have any complaints about us or our Services. If you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Information then please contact our customer services department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to your local data protection authority if there is a problem.
14. Legal matters
2. About us
- 2.1 We are a company called King.com Limited. We are registered in Malta, with registered number C42504. Our registered office is Aragon Business Centre Level 4, Dragonara Road, St Julians STJ3140, Malta.
3. Information we collect about you, and how we collect it
- 3.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when accessing and/or using our Services, or when you create an account with us;
• details of your use of our Services and the resources that you access (for example, information about how and when you play our Games or visit our Website, what device you use to access our Services or, details regarding profile visits, as set out in the section entitled “King Profile” in paragraph 6, below);
• the content of messages sent using our messaging system known as King Chat (please see the section entitled “King Chat” in paragraph 6, below);
• if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• your interactions with us on our social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter;
• we may obtain information about you from third parties who hold data about you and who agree to share this data with us; and
• information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below.
Cookies & Advertising
• to allow us to recognise you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
• to allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
• to allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions;
• to enable us and third parties to provide you with more customized services, for example to provide our services in the correct language or to enable the provision of more relevant advertising to you; and
• to collect data such as: your device’s model, operating system and screen size, the other applications installed on your device, and information about how you use our Services.
Advertisers on mobile devices sometimes use advertising (or ad) identifiers to enable and optimise their advertising. Ad identifiers are non-permanent, non-personal, device identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising, or IDFA. When we advertise our Services on mobile devices, we may use your device’s advertising identifier and other information associated with it, to help us to deliver ads that relate to your interests and to improve and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can choose to prevent your device’s ad identifier being used for interest based advertising, or you can reset your device’s ad identifier, by changing the settings of your device. Settings vary from device to device but if you are using an Apple device with iOS 7 or later you can find the ad identifier settings under Settings>Privacy>Advertising, and if you are using a Google Android device running Android 2.3 or later you can find the ad identifier settings in your app drawer under Google Settings> Ads.
When you purchase Services on our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by King. When you purchase items via our apps (such as those you can purchase in the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, the Windows Store, or via Amazon Kindle) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
4. How will we use your Personal Information?
- 4.1 You agree that we (or a supplier or group company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
• contacting you, for example as part of our customer support or to send you updates about our Services;
• managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our Services;
• improving our Services, for example by helping us fix bugs or by providing Services updates;
• research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
• marketing and promotion of our Services or related products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about merchandise relating to our Services If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com;
• to personalise and optimise our Services, promotional content and advertising to you. For example, we may use the information we collect through cookies, ad identifiers and similar technologies to show you ads you may be interested in. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can opt-out by following the steps at section 3 above;
• to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our Services;
• preventing cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention;
• if you live in the European Union, for the purpose of providing VAT invoices where we are required to do so by law or where requested by you; and
5. Will we share your Personal Information with third parties?
- 5.1 We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers):
• as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your Personal Information to suppliers we may use to fulfil the Services or to communicate with you);
• where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your Personal Information to our payment processors);
• where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
• when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website(s) and social media channels;
• as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation;
• in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of King, our users, or others;
6. Interaction with social networks or platforms
- 6.1 You may allow our Services to interact with third party social networks or platforms (such as Facebook or Apple’s Game Center), which will provide data about you to us. These applications or websites are created and maintained by a third party which is not a part of, or controlled by King. You should ensure that you read their terms of service and privacy policies to understand how they treat your data and what data they might share with us.
You understand that where you allow our Services to interact with any third party social network or platform, we may share data about you with your contacts and other users of our Services (and vice versa) in order that you may enjoy playing socially (the “Social Data”). This Social Data may include your name, your social media profile picture, your activity status (including the time and date you last used our Services) and your scores and/or progress in our games.
You can make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third party provider, however you may find you are not able to enjoy all of the same features of our Services.
Users of our Services may be automatically assigned a profile which is visible to other users of our Services, some of whom may be visible to you on the progression map, leaderboards or similar features in our Games. Your profile may include the Social Data described above, game achievements or other game play information and details of which other King account holders have viewed your profile.
Your profile will be visible to other users of our Services. In certain of our Services, if you choose to view another individual's profile, that individual and other users of our Services will know that you have visited them because some of your Social Data and a link to your profile will be displayed on that individual’s profile. They may also be able to visit your profile.
7. For how long will we retain your information?
Users of our King Chat service can send messages to other King account holders who are their friends. Your messages may be stored by us: (a) to convey your messages; and (b) to enable you and your recipients to view your message history.
8. Will we transfer your Personal Information overseas?
9. How do we protect your Personal Information?
- 9.1 The security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. However, since the internet is not a completely secure environment we cannot guarantee that information you transmit via our Games will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.